Rain-X Expert Fit Conventional Windshield Wiper Blades OEM Replacement
- Availability: In Stock
About This Item Rain-X Expert Fit Conventional Windshield Wiper Blades, OEM Quality Replacement Wipers: Rain-X Expert Fit Wiper Blades maximize your visibility in wet weather by removing water and debris from...
About This Item
Rain-X Expert Fit Conventional Windshield Wiper Blades, OEM Quality Replacement Wipers: Rain-X Expert Fit Wiper Blades maximize your visibility in wet weather by removing water and debris from your windshield, they give you a clear viewer of the road ahead. They provide an original equipment fit for vehicles originally installed with conventional windshield wiper blade technology. Made with a galvanized steel frame that will not corrode or rust, they are durable. The Rain-X windshield wiper blades also feature a natural squeegee rubber that resists cracking, splitting and tearing caused by extreme temperatures. Choose from the assortment of sizes to find the right conventional wiper blades for your vehicle. Product Features Quality conventional wiper blade solution Meets or exceeds original equipment manufacturers standards Galvanized-steel wiper blade frame Gives you a clearer view of the road ahead Prevents rusting and corrosion for long-lasting durability Conventional wiper blades have natural squeegee rubber Resists cracking, splitting and tearing caused by extreme temperatures Easy to install Provides original equipment quality design Blade Size Finder Check Compatibility with your Vehicle : Click Here Have You Changed Your Wiper Blades Lately?
Wiper blades should be replaced every six months to a year or as soon as you notice a difference in driving visibility. When wiper blades no longer make proper contact with the windshield surface, they can begin to squeak, chatter, skip, smear or streak reducing driving visibility.
Remember to check your wiper blades as part of your regular preventative maintenance program!
Wiper Blade Maintenance Tips
Visibility is fundamental to safe driving. Although drivers depend on their vehicles’ wiper blades to clear away rain, sleet and snow, many wait to replace them until they need them the most. So remembering to maintain wiper blades regularly can maximize visibility, efficiency and reliability.
Wiper blades deteriorate due to many environmental factors including:
- Sun: Ultraviolet light and ozone deterioration
- Oil: Car waxes and exhaust hold rubber-deteriorating oil
- Airborne debris: Sand, mud and dust carried in the wind
- Moisture: Acid rain and salt water (in moist air both near the shore and inland)
Remember, wiper blades should be checked every six months and changed at least once a year. Evaluate both the rubber squeegee and the metal frames to avoid common problems such as streaking, skipping, chattering, wearing and splitting – all offenders of reduced visibility and slowed reaction time while driving.
Common Wiper Problems
- Streaking occurs when the rubber squeegee dries, hardens and cracks. It can also be caused by tree sap, road tar and other foreign substances collected on either the glass or the blade.
- Skipping occurs when the blade develops a curvature from lack of use (e.g. left in the ‘parked position’ for an extended length of time).
- Wearing occurs with extensive use and is when the rubber edges are rounded instead of squared.
- Splitting is caused when the sun’s ultraviolet rays penetrate the rubber squeegee, causing it to breakdown and separate from the frame.
- Bent Refill Vertebra and Bent Frames cause inconsistent contact with the glass surface, creating streaking or skipping.
Avoid these common problems and extend the life of your wiper blades by following these simple steps:
- Clean your windshield every time you fill your gas tank.
- Gently wipe the rubber squeegee with a damp paper towel to remove any loose dirt or oil.
- Never use your windshield wipers to de-ice your windshield. Instead, either use an ice scraper or use your defroster to melt snow and ice.
- Pull your wiper blades away from the windshield during winter months to prevent ice build up on the rubber squeegee and to prevent them from sticking to the windshield.
Efficient wiper blades are as important to a vehicle’s safe operation as clean oil and good tires. So remember to change your wiper blades at least once a year, to inspect them frequently for wear and tear and to enjoy the view!
|Manufacturer Part Number||
|Assembled Product Weight||
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)||
2.40 x 0.92 x 18.90 Inches